Thursday, January 16, 2014

Back at it..

This week definitely has been one of the longest, craziest, busiest weeks of my life. Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating juuuust a little bit. Anyways! On Sunday I left good ole California for the greenest state, Oregon. Whenever I fly into Portland I automatically get a sense of happiness and freeness. It is just a beautiful area and an even better state to live in and explore in. I am so truly blessed to have the privilege to come to school here.

With starting up school again on Monday, buying textbooks, sitting through unending lectures, I couldn't help but think how truly happy I have been these last few months. Being someone who tends to focus on the negative, I have realized how it just tears you apart. I didn't want that for me anymore, I wanted to simply be happy. Again, with starting 2014, I wanted something new for me. I wanted happiness. So I started to smile more, be off my phone less, look up and enjoy Gods amazing creation, and to surround myself with people who are going to love and encourage me. And I can definitely say, this is probably this happiest I've ever been.

I haven't blogged in awhile, so I thought I would share this. I hope you all are having an amazing and blessed day.




-Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment